The club Annual General Meeting will now be on Tuesday 6th July as it has been pushed back due to the uncertainty of COVID restrictions/21 June lifting. We hope this will be a meeting in person at the club but details will follow here nearer the time.
For season 2021/22 within the Minis and Juniors section there will be a vacancy for which any club member can seek nomination.
We are ideally looking for someone to:
- Be the focal point for Minis (U6-U12) activity (Chair does Juniors)
- Assist the Chair in leading the development of mini and junior rugby at Pocklington RUFC
- Assist the Chair in creating, maintaining and leading a team of people to deliver rugby for 6-17 year olds;
- Assist at Mini and Junior Committee meetings and ensure that Mini and Junior members are represented within the Main Committee meetings (Chair and Vice Chair are members of the club executive committee which meets once a month)
- Help to organise suitable playing and training opportunities (assisted by 2 x fixtures Secretaries)
- Work alongside other club officers to coordinate the running and playing of Mini and Junior rugby training, games and tournaments in line with Age Grade Regulations.
- Help ensure all players, coaches, volunteers and parents are familiar with the core values of the game
It is hugely rewarding and a fun thing to do. It is as big a job as you want it to be and I guarantee anyone who volunteers will love working in the club as it moves forward.
Season 2021/22 is the season where we are going to push hard on girls playing/staying in rugby so a female appointment would be a real bonus - but of course both women and men would be equally welcome. If anyone is interested please let me know. Should you wish to apply or need further details please email Chris Clegg at firstname.lastname@example.org